Thursday, April 21, 2016

Napco

It is not only better temperatures, blossoms and baby animals that make me happy about springtime but also the fact that the open-air-flea-market-season has started too. Flea markets and thrift stores are, as every collector knows, perfect hunting grounds. There happens to be thrift / consignment store in the small town where I live. I do have an account there, so I can bring in things for them to sell. The reality is that I bring more things home from that store than I bring to it. Of course, I am always on the lookout for hippos but never saw one. Until a few days ago. Casually walking by the window, and there it was.... a hippo. The sticker on it was a bit damaged, but I could read: Napcoware. Internet gave me the rest of the information. It is a vintage crystal hippo from Napcoware, made in Taiwan. Another first. A first hippo from the local thrift store, price USD 3. A very successful hunt indeed! 





No comments:

Post a Comment