Thursday, May 5, 2016

Topsy-Turvy

Topsy-turvy is another word for upside down. The first time I saw topsy-turvy on a label, I thought it was part of the name of the product or brand. Another addition to my list of favorite Englis words and expressions. Two years ago, I found the first mug on the yearly Christmas market at Bryant's Park in New York City. Luckily they had two, so I bought them both. One, for daily use and one for my collection. I have several hippo mugs, but this was the first upside down one! Then, a huge Christmas Store opened on 5th Av. Seeing the sales signs, I could not help myself. I went inside and immediately bumped into a whole topsy-turvy-hippo-bloat! I enjoyed using mine so much. I knew they would make a perfect gift for any hippo collector... and I happen to know so many. So, I got all of them. These mugs are certainly not shot-glass size, but the same rule applies when drinking from them: Bottoms Up!


No comments:

Post a Comment