Thursday, June 9, 2016

Very Very Sorry Hippo

In my post: James, I already told the story about my husband missing his flight in Zimbabwe, and because of that, missing my birthday. He bought James the next day because he felt so sorry. Actually, he already bought an "I-am-very-very-sorry-hippo" before he saw James. He was at a local market with a colleague. The news that this foreigner was only interested in hippos, spread like a wildfire. Before he knew he was surrounded by everything hippo available. "A very efficient way of shopping", my husband joked later. So he bought this big guy (length about 14 inches or 35,5 cm). A large hippo, because he was very very sorry.... Then he went to another market and bumped into James, and had to get him too, as he liked him very much. Of course, I was already happy because he was back home, safe and well. The fact that he brought a few extra friends was a huge bonus!


No comments:

Post a Comment