Thursday, June 16, 2016

Wire Hippo

On the path through Central Park, towards the Central Park Zoo, New York, you can find many vendors and artists. It is also one of my favorite places to sit on one of the many benches and watch people. Groups of tourists following a flag or umbrella, with visible stress: Do I take the time to take that picture, but what if I loose the group? Mothers pleading desperately "Sweety, could you please try not to smear the ice cream all over you?" Some, multitasking. What could be better than enjoying a cold drink while having your portrait drawn? And you can have your name made out of a long piece bright colored wire, by a young man. I think he is from China and speaks only a few words of English. Hippo???? Luckily I was wearing a bright pink polo shirt with an embroidered hippo on it. So I pointed to myself... HIPPO! PINK! PLEASE! I had to laugh.... my daughters tried to look not too embarrassed. When he showed the end result, I was pleasantly surprised.... The heart was his idea, and I suspect he did not make a hippo before, but he did a great job. I might go back to order a few more!



No comments:

Post a Comment