Saturday, July 16, 2016

Scrapbook Hippos


A few days ago, an "Estate Sale" was announced on a local FB Moms page. As a flea market, thrift shop and Goodwill store enthusiast, it is needless to say I did not know how fast to get there... Often times the items are priced well above my price range, but to be able to enjoy a rare opportunity to see the inside of beautiful houses is always well worth the trip. And of course, once in a while, you bump into a beautiful item, you did not know you needed until then :-). Like this huge pile of scrapbook pictures, hidden in very old, ugly looking brown envelopes on a side table.

When I was young, it was a very popular hobby to collect scrapbook pictures and trade any "doubles". Seeing all those pictures made me a bit nostalgic, so just for the fun of it, I bought the whole lot. When I came home, I sorted them, and of course, took a closer look. I found many very old ones, from the 1930s and 1940s. Many of them in excellent condition. There were a lot of "series" of Disney characters, angels, father Christmas, flowers and yes... animals too. And to my surprise, I found 3 hippo ones. A little treasure in a treasure!


They are measured about 3 inches by 2 inches, which is 7,5 cm by 5 cm. On one is written: Flodhast, which means hippo in Swedish.





No comments:

Post a Comment