Monday, July 18, 2016

Lipper & Mann

When our family roams around at flea markets, we never stay close to each other for long. Not because we do not enjoy each other's company, but because we are all looking for different things. When it comes to hippos, they are spotted by every member of the family, no matter where we are. So when I told them (on our way back home) I bought this Lipper & Mann figurine, made in Japan, they told me they had seen it, but thought I would not like it, because it looked dirty and a bit scary. As every hippo lover knows, sometimes you need to look past the mud to see the beauty! So I decided to take it home and give it a gentle foam bath and the result: a sparkling clean and happy hippo. I am not sure if it stays in my collection, but I could not constrain myself. Such a huge amount of hippo happiness for only USD 1,- can't be beaten easily :-).


1 comment: