Thursday, November 3, 2016

Seed of Love

Don't you just love macro photography? This beauty looks massive, but it is only an inch long (2.5 cm) and half an inch (1.27 cm) high. It was given to me by a dear friend last year. My friend met this artistic couple at one of the art fairs she attended. The husband makes the figurines out of all sorts of seeds and his wife is painting / decorating them. Please have a look at their website: Filigraine. Normally they do not make hippos, but this, of course, was a special order. The fact that this is the first ever hippo made by this artist, is pretty amazing too. Since I do not have an ounce of patience myself, I am very thankful for artists like these. I would never be able to make anything remotely close to this. I am happy to be a very appreciative customer, or in this case, the friend of a fellow-artist-customer. In this way, I am able to own pieces of art, made with hard labor, love, and tons of patience. Dear Jen, thank you so much for this lovely gift. This seed is doing a great job, growing a wonderful friendship!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment