Friday, February 15, 2019

Abbas

How do you name a hippo, that is given by a friend, who already gave you several hippos and already has a hippo named after him? Well, in this case, the question was answered very easily. My friend told me that he bought this beauty in a store called: Abbas (link to the store is in Dutch). A store in my home town Utrecht (The Netherlands), where one can buy Middle Eastern carpets and many other exotic items. My friend had a discussion about this hippo with the owner, and learned that it was hand carved in Togo (West- Africa). 

When he gave it to me, he told me that if I did not like it, he would keep it himself, as he had grown attached to it. So sorry, I really could not lie, and pretend not to like it. So it came home with me. 

But I will promise you this Marius: if you ever find another hippo, you like as much as this one, and you want to keep it, I will give this one back to you, so you can start your own hippo collection. Pinkie square!


No comments:

Post a Comment