Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Simple Woman

Just looking at this mug makes me smile, because, even though my friend lives on the other side of the world, if I listen very carefully, I can hear him make a snorting sound... followed by a not-so-subtle rolling of both eyes... as in his world the words simple and woman do not belong in the same sentence. My rebuttal: men are as complicated as women,  has, by default, been met with a cynical smirk.


The question, whether being simple depends on gender or not, is one, a second question arises too:  what is the connection between coffee and hippos? I have 2 paintings and 1 salt and pepper shaker set, suggesting there is indeed one, but I still can't think of what it actually could be. Coffee and hippos both come from Africa? I honestly have no clue. The second question becomes even more intriguing, when you take into consideration that this mug was a gift of a very dear coffee-hating hippo-loving friend, for both me and a fellow we-count-coffee-consumption-in-gallons hippo-collecting sister (you know who you are :-)).

Whatever it is... it works for me. Simple? That, apparently, is debatable.... Coffee? Hippos? O YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment