Thursday, April 18, 2013

Hippo JJ

About 3 years ago, I met my friends at the Art Section of the JJ Weekend Market (Bangkok - Thailand) for the first time. Mostly painters, but also a very nice artist named Chatchai Suvannachot, who is making metal sculptures. He and his wife have 2 shops at the market (KC Gold Gallery). As you can guess, they display a lot of different animals like horses, dragons, deer, birds and fish.... but no hippos. So I ordered a hippo.... about 3 years ago... but never saw one... as the artist is very busy with large orders. Good for their business of course, but not good for my collection ;-). But then... finally.... last week, my hippo was ready. A belated birthday gift, they told me... and apologies for  having to wait sooo long. Of course, they were forgiven on the spot. Nothing else I could do after falling in love with it at first sight! 


kcgold_gallery@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment