Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Blue Blob

Some time ago, I already shared my one and only hippo printed on silk (see post: Wood Cut on Silk Screen) by Mr. Sitthisak Natheechaichana. He is not only a talented wood carver but also a very accomplished painter. He loves to mix and match colors in his abstract work and he likes to paint animals, mainly cats. I thought it would be nice, not only to have a printed hippo but a painted one by him as well. I really love the colors and the enormous smile on this hippo's face, so I was very happy. Coming home, my husband looked at it and said: "I do not like it, it looks like a huge blue blob to me..." Appreciate artistic looking hippos much? Ha ha. Well, you can't always agree on everything. Luckily there are a few other hippo paintings that he does like. The funny thing is, the remark "blue blob", kept coming back in my head. I couldn't come up with a better name for this painting. So, ladies and gentlemen, I present to you.... The Blue Blob!


No comments:

Post a Comment