Thursday, July 25, 2013

Wobbly-Hippo-Head

If you have been in a taxi in Asia, you have seen the "wobbly" figurines... decorating almost every dashboard. In Thailand, the Maneki-neko, or "lucky-cat-with-waving-paw", Hello Kitty and flowers (in a pot with "dancing" leaves) are very popular. Then, there are the occasional dog and lion, but I have never seen a hippo. I know they exist because I have one! No idea how I got it, the only thing I know is that it is in my collection for a very long time. It is just a silly toy, but I can't help myself. Every time I see it, I just have to touch his head. Not everybody who sees my collection, notices him, but if they do.... his head must wobble!


P.s. I just learned from my dear friend Sheila, that these toys are actually called Bobbleheads! Thank you for letting me know. So the last sentence of my post should be: .... his head must bobble!

No comments:

Post a Comment