Thursday, September 19, 2013

Dino-Po

Don't you think its body looks a bit like a large dinosaur egg, too? I found this wonderfully hand made South African hippo in a tiny shop, about 10 years ago in Utrecht, The Netherlands. We were about to move abroad, almost everything was packed already. While doing some last minute shopping, I stumbled upon this ceramic beauty, and couldn't resist. At home, I did not bother to unpack it, and put it in the "hippo-box" (to be stored) right away. It would be a few years later that we decided to have our things in storage, shipped to our new home in Indonesia. I was so happy to see my collection again, but to finally unpack this "new" hippo, was an extra treat. I call this post Dino-Po... but I think I will have to come up with a more arty or cozy sounding name. On the other hand... it is one of the very few hippos in my collection, feeling like a dinosaur egg, when you hold it... not that I have ever held one, but let's just say.... a huge egg! Oh well, Dino-Po it is!!


No comments:

Post a Comment