Thursday, September 12, 2013

Hippo Birthday Painting

This hippo painting came together with another hippo-present. You can find that present on this blog, see post: Hippe (Potamus) the Hippo-Head. My dear friend, who made the hippo head, decided to make a painting. "I thought about a happy birthday card" she said "but, then I thought it would be more fun to make a painting". This kind of casual remarks make me so jealous, because only gifted and creative artists like her can make it sound like it is the easiest thing to do. Not for me. I don't know how to hold a brush and my ceramic art achievements exist of an odd looking ash tray and a candle holder, made in primary school. Worst part: they both look similar.... just to put things in perspective here. 


Painting made by Mrs. Anneke van der Zijden - Steenmeijer 

Hippe, waar bèèèèèèèèèn je??? Is Dutch for: Hippe, where aaaaaare you??? Hippe, of course being the hippo head. This painting is made for my 36th birthday by the absolute coolest hippo-artist I know. Dear Anneke, missing you and Hans very much. La Douce France is a little bit closer, now we have moved, but still not close enough to enjoy your company more often. Don't forget to "kiss the (your) cook" ;-).

No comments:

Post a Comment