Thursday, October 24, 2013

Shaking Hippos

And what did you think? Hippos living in Antarctica... shaking because they are cold? Or did you think about shaking real hippos, to wake them up? Most likely, you saw the picture first, and already knew this is about (hippo) salt and pepper shakers! Another first. As a collector, I am clearly an amateur, because I know of some "professional" collectors, having a Hippo-Salt-and-Pepper-Shakers-Collection, as part of their hippo collection. Apparently I have always looked in the wrong places, because I could not find them. I was so happy when I could buy my first set during the the Annual International  Hippopotamus Society Convention / Reunion, taking place in Denver, Colorado - USA, September 2012. Unfortunately, I can't remember who brought them, so if you read this, please let me know. I would like to be able to thank you personally for bringing these shakers. You really made my day. And then, that same year, I got a set of lovely salt and pepper shakers as a Christmas gift (see post: Keep Out?) So who knows, maybe it will not be long, before I have a Hippo-Salt-and-Pepper-Shakers-Collection too!


No comments:

Post a Comment