Thursday, October 31, 2013

Welcome to the USA!

A few months ago, we moved to the United States of America. We ended up in a lovely house in a very nice neighborhood. During the first few weeks, many neighbors came to our house to introduce themselves and welcome us with home made pies and cookies! I had seen this being done in movies... but it never occurred to me that people actually (still) do this. A very nice surprise for all of us. Although we have left many friends behind in Asia, it is nice to live closer to many of my hippo-friends. And it were a few very special hippo-friends that made us feel even more welcome. Not long after we moved in, this wonderful Limoges (hippo) Box was delivered. A "Welcome-to-the-USA" gift. For this photograph I laid it down, because I wanted to show the inside of this pretty box as well. It is not only a very nice piece, it is also my first Limoges Box. Dear Sheila and John, thank you for sending this lovely gift, welcoming us to your country, your amazing friendship.... and for making all of us laugh so much! Dart gun anyone? ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment