Thursday, November 7, 2013

Pincherette (hip) Pos

I considered to call this post: "Welcome to the USA, part two", because this was another surprise gift that found its way to our new home. A very nicely decorated (with hippos, of course) little box was delivered. My daughters rolled their eyes and gave me "you-must-be-kidding" look, together with the "More hippos? Really?" and "Let me guess... another hippo!" remarks. I never would have guessed to find such a wonderful hippo-gift. A vintage pincherette ashtray. To be honest, I was not familiar with this kind of ashtray. Only after using Google, I found out that the cigarettes are placed in the hippo's mouth, explaining the name "Pincherette" (I know, a lot of catching up to do... especially on fancy hippo-items like this ;-)). This ashtray will not be used as ashtray, but it will spend the rest of its life as "fancy-hippo-decoration". Dear David, thank you so much for this perfect gift. You must have remembered the remark about me being a "Human Magpie"... absolutely loving everything bling-blingy and shiny. You couldn't have given these Pincherette Pos a better home! 


1 comment:

  1. Great picture! No orange...
    Forgot to tell you I saw a ton of pincherette ashtrays in Branson. No hippos though.

    ReplyDelete