Thursday, November 21, 2013

The Hippo Has Landed!

Normally I do not buy toy-hippos made of plastic for myself. Often, I get them as presents... but sometimes I just can't help myself. I found this hippo in a tiny gift shop in a hospital in Bangkok. I looked at it for some time, because it was a toy.... made of plastic.... and looking a bit scary. But the fact that it was a hippo, won eventually. I had the idea of making it look like it just landed on the railing of my balcony. After trying different poses, I liked this angle best, but not all feet did fit on the railing. The fact that the hippo was actually too large to fit precisely on the railing, turned out to be just the right thing. Because now it looks like he is just holding on with the toes of his hind foot. Making it look very plausible that hippos can fly, land on the railing of your balcony and scare you! 


No comments:

Post a Comment