Thursday, November 28, 2013

Scary Hippo - Part Two

While writing the previous post, I remembered I have another scary hippo in my collection. I find the number of interpretations by artists of one single animal so fascinating. From cute and cuddly to flat out scary, and everything in between. I found this mug in a store in Bangkok, and almost did not buy it, because it looks too scary. Like the hippo in the previous post, the fact that it was a hippo, won me over. If possible, I always buy two mugs, one for the collection, and one to use. Of this particular mug, they only had one, so I do not use it. But if they had two, I wonder whether I would.... because holding this mug by its scary hippo head is not very inviting... especially in the morning, when I really do need my coffee... I prefer a mug with a friendlier hippo face ;-).



But I do love this mug. I think it is great that somebody can make a hippo you almost can hear roaring: "Don't you dare touch me!"


1 comment:

  1. I own this mug and love it...I also do not use it but I wouldn't unless I had two of them.

    ReplyDelete