Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Hippo Puzzle

My collection started as a Hippo-Figurine-Only-Collection. Slowly but surely other hippo-items made their way to my house. Hippo-mugs, hippo-banks, hippo-socks, hippo-soap-trays, hippo-soft-toys... hippo-anything! At some point I even had a little hippo-mushroom-brush... Some years ago, as space was limited, I decided not to collect any hippo-(soft)-toys anymore. Many toys found their way to orphanages, schools and friends. Except this three-part-wooden-hippo-puzzle.... it survived many "clean ups". Somehow, I grew very attached to it. Therefore, I have convinced (at least) myself that it falls into the category: puzzles, and not in the one of toys... Self deception can feel so good... once in a while ;-). I forgot how I got it, but I am determined to keep it. So when you are visiting me and suddenly feel the urge to solve a hippo-puzzle, I have just the thing for you. No peaking! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment