Thursday, January 23, 2014

Hippopottermiss

Hippos contribute to world peace! I admit, it is a bit hard to believe if you have seen bulls fight over territory, or a mum stampede whatever is too close to her baby. Also, the idea of "wallow-whole-day-in-mud-and-wiggle-ears-" is not so much associated with peace (at least not by non-hippo-lovers). Maybe I have to rephrase, and say: The existence of hippos contributes to world peace! They bring people from all over the world together, they inspire artists and their images are a source of smiles and happiness. I know, I may not convince many people, but to me it is very true! 

The "living proof" of this statement is a very talented artist called Jen Robinson (she sometimes calls herself: Hippopottermiss, hence the title of this post). She is originally from the UK but lives in France. I had the pleasure of meeting her twice, in the USA. Hippos made by her, are lovingly named: Jen-Pos by her friends and admirers of her work. I have witnessed it myself. Jen-Pos bring many smiles and much happiness to everybody seeing them. Definitely contributing to world peace! I rest my case.

I do have to mention that Jen also makes many more different and equally beautiful animals, as you can see at www.jen-robinson.com, but I will only mention her hippos here, this being a Hippo-Blog after all ;-).


Dear Jen, I feel very fortunate our paths have crossed, thanks to hippos. Your kindness, sense of humor and wonderful personality make me wish more people were like you. Our world would be a much nicer place.  

2 comments:

  1. Awww... Thank you Lien :) Making the world a more peaceful and happy place would be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete