Thursday, January 30, 2014

Mister Stuart

During the Annual International  Hippopotamus Convention, two games are played. For the first game, all participants must bring a hippo-gift. All the gifts are put together, and when your name is drawn, you get to pick a present. You have to open it, tell everybody who brought it, and enjoy the ooohs and ahhhhhs :-). The second game is pretty much the same, for the exception that you can exchange your chosen hippo-gift, for somebody else's gift... making some people try to hide their precious-po, "steal" it back or try (by different techniques...) to make the person change his or her mind. All the ingredients for an evening full of fun, laughs and a few broken (hippo) hearts... 

At some point, this beauty was unpacked by the Master-of-Games: David, then "exchanged"... what prompted him to shrug it off with the comment "Oh, yeah, you take the blue pig"... making everybody laugh. But I had already fallen in love with this blue beauty, so when it was my turn, I exchanged it with my gift. I was very lucky I could keep it! David's comment reminded me of the animation movie: The Lion King (Lion King Quotes)

[Timon and Zazu are cornered by hyenas]
Timon: Please don't eat me.
Pumbaa: Drop 'em!
Banzai: Hey! Who's the pig?
Pumbaa: Are you talkin' to me?
Timon: Uh-oh, they called him a pig.
Pumbaa: Are you talking to *me*?
Timon: Ya shouldn't have done that.
Pumbaa: ARE YOU TALKING TO ME?
Timon: Now they're in for it.
Pumbaa: THEY CALL ME MR. PIG! AHHHH!


Dear Stuart, thank you for bringing this wonderful hippo from your collection. As I told you already, he is called Stuart... but because he was called "pig" (by somebody who should know better ;-))... I have decided it will not be MISTER PIG, but MISTER STUART.

2 comments:

  1. one of your best post so far...loved it (especially the Lion King excerpt)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post...

    from the original Mr. Stuart

    ReplyDelete