Thursday, May 1, 2014

Hopewell's Belle

A few weeks ago, I posted about a great find at an Antique Center in Hopewell Junction (see post: Hopewell Junction's Four). The post ended with the remark that maybe those four would get company one day. I left my name and number, in case a hippo would find its way there. I did not expect to receive a phone call so quickly. "Hi, are you the hippo lady? We have a hippo bank, we will keep it for you. When you come, please tell whoever is there, it is in the back room, with a note that has your name on it." Now, I have a few hippo banks (see posts: Marius and Hippo Baby Bank), and a few I still have to blog about. What if I already have it? Or, not like it at all... It is about an hour drive away, so I was a little bit worried. My goodness, was I in for a surprise! The most beautiful, with stars decorated, brass hippo bank I could ever imagine, greeted me with the loveliest smile. I am sure I heard her say: "of course I am beautiful, and coming home with you... what were you thinking?"

No comments:

Post a Comment