Thursday, May 15, 2014

Hippo Blue

A few days ago, I was talking with a dear friend about a certain shade of blue. When I saw this photo in my files, it reminded me of that conversation. Within a few hundreds of a second, Google overwhelms you with millions of sites where you can find the names of every shade of blue imaginable. I knew: Baby Blue, Midnight Blue, Cobalt, Denim and Imperial Blue... I came across shades with names like: Blizzard Blue, Carolina Blue, Honolulu Blue, and Freedom Blue, just to name a few. Did you ever hear somebody describe a shade as: "darker than French Sky Blue but lighter than Italian Sky Blue"? And believe it or not, I even found a site, where you can design your own jeans, and you can choose: Heavy Hippo Blue. I have not figured out whether the "Heavy" is for the "New Age Heavy Ring Denim" or for the "Heavy Hippo", or for a "Heavy Blue". Anyway, please meet this sweet looking, ceramic, blue hippo figurine. I have no idea how it ended up in my collection, but simply love the two flowers he is holding under his arm... eh... leg... and his color. I am sure his shade of blue does have an official name... but to me: Hippo Blue sounds about right!


1 comment: