Thursday, May 22, 2014

Say "Ahhhh"

Sometimes, people ask me "why do you like hippos?" And of course, I have all my answers ready: "because it looks like they are always smiling", "because they have wiggling and flapping ears", because they have cute whiskers", "because they have funny legs and feet" and "because their butts make me laugh". But once in a while, the person I am telling all this, is not buying it. Closing statement: "they are absolutely not cute, and extremely dangerous". Of course they mean: you are nuts! :-). I know they are very dangerous and I have to admit, some hippos I find are flat out scary looking. Like a few I have already written about (see posts: The Hippo has landed and Scary Hippo Part Two). I think this post could have been: Scary Hippo Part Three, because it is hard to see the cuteness in this, not very friendly looking, one. I almost did not buy it, because of its scary looks. I remember it took some time to convince myself it is very nice piece of art, but I forgot where I found this "beast". While posing for this picture, I imagine he is opening his mouth to say the "A".... the "A" of Art mind you... and (hopefully) not the "A" of Attack!!!

2 comments:

  1. I think your mean/or art hippo with his mouth open is not being aggressive--he's just singing!! or wanting you to put a watermelon in his mouth:-) Or he's in need of dental work? :-)

    ReplyDelete