Thursday, May 8, 2014

Hippo Dinner Bell

It never crossed my mind, I would need a dinner bell. Seeing a Hippo-Dinner-Bell changed that, completely. How can you live without one ;-)? Another first. And not "just" a first... a signed-by-the-artist-and-dated, first! I was roaming around the flea market, called Elephant's Trunk in Connecticut, last Sunday. Suddenly, I saw this odd looking object. I inspected it carefully, to make sure it was a hippo. The seller came up to me and said: "That's an original Todd Warner!" My silence and blank face already gave me away, so I told her "I am very sorry, but I am not familiar with that artist". She smiled, and told me this artist is still alive, and is making huge pieces, dinner bells too, but not as nice as this one. "Google him" she said. "You will find his work". So, when I came home, that is what I did. And I sent out a message to my fellow hippo-collector friends, who obviously know the artist. Now, to be very honest... the hippo is a bit odd looking, especially the butt, toes and crooked looking face, but never question the artistic interpretations of a famous artist. A hippo it is! Dinner, anyone?






No comments:

Post a Comment